FAIRFIELD COUNTY FAMILY, ADULT AND CHILDREN FIRST COUNCIL MISSION
The Council creates and facilitates a coordinated system of services that responds to the strengths and needs of our community. It is a partnership of public and private non-profit child and family-serving agencies and organizations committed to improving the well-being of children and families. The Council strives to:
- Streamline and coordinate government services for families seeking help for their children;
- Develop and implement a service coordination mechanism to prioritize services and fill gaps where possible;
- Participate in comprehensive and coordinated interagency system for infants and toddlers with developmental disabilities or delays;
- Monitor progress toward achieving results;
- Ensure input from families and from a broad spectrum of the community;
- Build community capacity.
The Council is steered by its Executive Committee, which includes representation from:
parents, Board of County Commissioners, Mayor of the City of Lancaster, Educational Service Center, Pickerington Schools, Lancaster City Schools, Ohio Guidestone Mental Health, Fairfield County Board of DD, Job and Family Services, Fairfield Community Health Center, Early Childhood Programs of Lancaster-Fairfield Community Action Agency, United Way, Fairfield County 2-1-1, Fairfield Health Department, ADAMH Board and Juvenile Court. The Fairfield County Board of Commissioners is the FACFC's administrative agent Fairfield County Auditor is the Fiscal Agent.