What services do you offer families?
Help Me Grow offers two voluntary programs to prenatal women, children, and families: Home Visitation and Early Intervention. 

Home Visitation serves expectant mothers and new mothers by providing information, support, and encouragement.  Home visitors educate at-risk parents about the importance of the early years of a child’s life through high quality and evidence based home visiting services. The program creates a strong foundation for future achievements by supporting positive interaction with children in a stable and stimulating environment.

Early Intervention serves children under the age of three that have developmental delays and disabilities.  Help Me Grow communicates with parents, doctors, hospitals, child care providers and other community agencies to identify children with existing developmental delays or those with medical diagnoses with a high probability of resulting in a delay.  Infants or toddlers are evaluated using appropriate diagnostic tools by an interdisciplinary team at absolutely no cost to the family.  If needed, individualized services are provided to the child and family through a Service Coordinator who guides the family through every aspect of the process, from program entry until the child transitions out by age three.

Do you offer playgroups?
Currently we are not offering playgroups, but your Service Coordinator can provide you with resources in the community and ideas for how your child can socialize with other children their age.

Who can refer a child to Help Me Grow?
Anyone can refer a child to Help Me Grow by calling our intake specialist at 1-740-681-4881.  The intake specialist will need to know the child’s due date or date of birth, the child’s county of residence, the first and last name of the child’s parent, and the parent’s telephone number, email address, or mailing address.  

What happens after a child is referred to Help Me Grow?
After a referral is made the intake specialist will contact the parents to gain pertinent information and to schedule the family for an intake visit with a service coordinator or home visitor.  The intake process is conducted in the family’s home or a different setting that is convenient to the family.

How long can a customer receive services from your agency?
A child can remain in Help Me Grow until they turn 3 years of age.

How is your agency funded?
Help Me Grow is funded by the Ohio Department of Health/Federal Government, Bureau of Early Intervention Services, Ohio Help Me Grow Program, and is administered through the Fairfield County Family, Adult & Children First Council.
Fairfield County Family, Adult & Children First Council
Tiffany Wilson, HMG Contract Manager / tiffany.wilson@fairfieldcountyohio.gov P: 740-652-7286
Help Me Grow is a voluntary, community-based child development program that offers health and developmental services for children under 3 years of age and their families.

FAQ - Help Me Grow

Tessie Swain, FACF Council Interim Executive Director
P:  740-652-7283 /